Friday, February 15, 2013

Healthy Bean Kale Soup_my original recipe

2-3 cups of pinto beans 1 chopped carrot 3-6 sliced jalapenos with carrots from can. 1 medium white onion 3 tsp of tumeric black pepper a few sprinkles Nusalt sprinkle as you like ( 1-2 tablespoons is too much) 1 handful of cut kale 1 handful of mixed greens 1 cup cooked white steamed rice In a crockpot, generously add a few cups of beans, I didn't measure. I think about 2-3 cups at least enough to cover the botton about an inch high. I soaked them overnight. Then, I drained and rinsed the beans. Put them into my crookpot and added about 3-4 cups of water(filtered since you will be eating it like a soup). Add the chopped onions and Nusalt generously add, stir, and put on high on your crock pot for at least 2 hours. Checking on it. As the beans soften, add jalapenos with carrots, rice. Add Nusalt, black pepper, and Tumeric. Add kale and greens when soup almost done. Let cook until all mix in about 1-2 hours. Serves about 4 servings. I was trying to use my vegetables and beans without using any dairy. I love it. My husband loved it. Try it. Let me know. You might want to add some hot sauce if you like things spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment