Wednesday, August 29, 2018

The Missions: California Heritage Mission San Gabriel Arcangel Book Review

In this book by Mary Null Buoule`, book four in a series of twenty-one, the author provides you with a short 25 page brief history of the missions. The book includes a glossary of terms, several sketches, an outline of the book, and how to get more information on the San Gabriel Mission by sending the Mission a self-addressed envelope with stamp envelope. I rarely see this done in books. I enjoyed this short presentation of facts about the mission. I also like the layout of it. She is very clear on its purpose starting with "Dear Reader" section. It is clear that she wrote this book not only to gather information but how to write it down. The outline was specifically designed to help young readers write their report. I can remember my personal struggles with starting a report back in the day. So providing an outline helps with the process. I definitely recommend this book for 4th grade and above.

No comments:

Post a Comment